By promoting spiritual, cognitive, and physical development each child has the opportunity to engage in activities that are geared to their interests while challenging them at their individual ability level. At St. Wenceslaus the Pre-Kindergarten educational program is designed to provide developmentally appropriate learning experiences for the children throughout the day. Our play-based curriculum stems from an educational model that develops the whole child. Children are treated as an individual and learning objectives are set to ensure each child can reach their developmental milestones in a positive, fun, and relaxed atmosphere.
Experiential Learning & Hands-on Learning
Young children learn by interacting with people and things, working with their hands, and being creative. While we do some paper and pencil activities in Pre-K, you will not see your child sitting at a desk for long periods at a time. The children will learn to identify and write letters, but it will be done in a way that it is meaningful to them. If your child only brings home one paper activity on a certain day, this means we did more activities involving manipulative learning. For example, children will be taught to identify letters using a set of letters they can touch and move around. Children will learn to count using objects, such as counting bugs or buttons.
Pre-Kindergarten Age Requirement
Must be 4 years of age by July 31 with sincere intentions of sending your child to kindergarten the following year.
*Students must be potty trained to attend Pre-Kindergarten
- 3 Day Option: Monday, Wednesday and Friday 8am-12pm (12:00-3:15pm childcare available $12/day)
- 2 Day Option: Tuesday and Thursday 8am-3:15 pm.
- 5 Day Option: if space is available, you may have the option to sign up for all 5 days.
- Bus Service: Saunders Catholic Schools offers bus service in Saunders County.
- Before and After School Care: St. Wenceslaus Extended Care Program is available before school from 6:45am -7:45am and after school from 3:25pm – 6:00pm.
Fees & Tuition Information
To view the tuition and fees for all grades in Saunders Catholic Schools, including St. Wenceslaus, click here: Tuition
- Hours: School begins at 8:00am and ends at 3:15pm.
- First Days of School: Please feel free to bring your child to the classroom when arriving in the morning. At this age, children coming into a new school, sometimes have separation anxiety.